The following standard APIs are supported by Crosswalk.
Crosswalk Project Extensions for Intel RealSense Technology
- Depth Enhanced Photography[w] Capture 3D depth photo, enhance photo processing by leveraging the 3D depth information and I/O with [XDM] format.
- Scene Perception[w] Create a digital representation of the observed environment and estimate in real-time the camera pose by leveraging the 3D camera.
- Face Tracking and Recognition[w] Access 3D camera for face tracking and recognition on the Web.
Multimedia & Graphics
- CSS Animations - Animate CSS properties over time using keyframes.
- CSS Backgrounds and Borders Level 3 - CSS features for borders and backgrounds.
- CSS Color Module Level 3 - CSS features for color values and properties.
- CSS Flexible Box Layout - A CSS box model for user interface design.
- CSS Fonts Level 3 - Font properties and dynamic font resource loading.
- CSS Multi-column Layout - Multi-column layouts with CSS.
- CSS Text Decoration Level 3 - Text decoration CSS features.
- CSS Transforms - Change the position of content in 3D space without disrupting the normal flow using CSS.
- CSS Transitions - Enables property changes in CSS values over time.
- HTML Canvas 2D Context - An API for 2D immediate mode graphics.
- HTML5 Audio/Video - Audio and Video support without plugins.
- Media Queries Level 3 - CSS media features for adapting the same content to different output devices and screens.
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) 1.1 - An XML markup language for 2D vector graphics.
- WebRTC[a] - Peer to peer sharing of video and audio streams.
Networking & Storage
- File API - Asynchronously read the contents of files or raw data buffers stored on the client.
- File API: Directories and System - Expose a sandboxed filesystem on the client.
- File API: Writer - Write files to a sandboxed sandboxed filesystem on the client.
- HTML5 Web Messaging - A mechanism for communicating between browsing contexts.
- Indexed DB - An asynchronous client-side storage API for fast access to large amounts of structured data.
- Online State - Online and offline events for the network state.
- Web SQL - Store data in databases on the client using a variant of SQL.
- Web Sockets - A low overhead bi-directional communication with web servers over a persistent TCP connection.
- Web Storage - A simple synchronous client-side storage API for storing name-value pairs.
- XMLHttpRequest - Transfer data between a client and a server programmatically over HTTP.
Performance & Optimization
- Navigation Timing - Access timing information related to navigation and elements.
- Page Visibility[a] - Programmatically determine the visibility state of the web application.
- Resource Timing - Access timing information related to HTML elements.
- Selectors Level 1 and Level 2 - Retrieve elements from the DOM using CSS selectors.
- Typed Array 1.0 - Data types for raw binary data for performance-critical tasks.
- Web Workers - Run scripts in parallel to the main page.
Device & Hardware
- Device Orientation Events - DOM events which provide information about the physical orientation and motion of the device.
- Fullscreen - Programmatically instruct an element on the page to be presented in full screen mode.
- Geolocation - Access geographical location information associated with the hosting device.
- HTML5 Date and Time state for input element[a] - Picker controls for date and time input types.
- HTML5 Telephone, Email and URL state for input element[a] - Picker controls for telephone, email and URL input types.
- Media Capture and Streams[a] - Provides access to local media streams including video (camera) and audio (microphone).
- Screen Orientation - Enables screen orientation locking and provides access to screen orientation data and events.
- Touch Events - Handle touch events programmatically.
- Vibration - Programmatically control a device's vibration mechanism.
- Web Notifications - Use the device's native notification mechanism (e.g. status bar on Android) to display messages to the user.
In addition to the standard APIs, Crosswalk provides additional experimental or emerging standards APIs to further support building a native application experience using web platform technologies.
- Device Capabilities - Retrieve information about the underlaying system.
- Launch Screen - Display a static user interface on application launch and hide it when the application is ready.
- Presentation API[a] - Access external displays from within web applications. Get started with this tutorial: Presentation API Tutorial. For more information see the developer documentation.
- Raw Sockets - Raw TCP and UDP sockets for client and server sides.