Crosswalk 16 for Android has entered the stable channel and adds the following features and changes.
- Crosswalk can now play back Widevine DRM-protected content (XWALK-5030)
- A new xwalk_view.background_color field can be added to the manifest.json, to specify the background color of the XWalkView
- When onReceivedLoadError occurs, a Toast notification is displayed to the user instead of a dialog (as the user cannot do anything to respond to the error)
- Presentation API on Android follows an updated W3C Spec.
- External extensions have an additional binary messaging interface for better performance when large amounts of data need to be passed to and from the extension.
- The signature of the downloaded Crosswalk APK is verified when starting the application in shared mode.
- Android support libraries (e.g. support-v4, support-v7 etc) are no longer bundled by Crosswalk and should be included explicitly if required.
Get more hybrid app secrets
Build powerful hybrid apps for Android or Cordova / PhoneGap more reliably with tips from the Intel Crosswalk team.